– It is a Lipoprotein
– It is like a Yellowish Plaques that are usually fat or slightly raised that appears at the eyelids areas.
– It can grow in size and causes cosmetic disturbances
– It is harmless
What Causes One to have Xanthelasma?
– Unknown cause
– Can be due to genetics
– Can be due to high cholesterol or high level of plasma lipids
– Can be due to high blood pressure
– Maybe related to heart disease problem
It can Happen to both Men and Women
What is the Surgery like to Remove Xanthelasma?
It is commonly done as a Day Surgery Case under Local Anaesthesia.
Surgery time is usually very short depending on case complexity.
Stitches are usually removed after 3 to 5 days and there are minimal swelling and discomfort.
If you suspect you have the above problem or will like to consult for the above problem, do call our clinic at 65-6464 8075 today for your appointment.