– It is a lipoprotein.
– It presents as yellowish plaques with fatty content, appearing as slightly raised skin in the eyelid area.
– It can grow in size and causes cosmetic disturbances.
– It is harmless.
What Causes One to Have Xanthelasma?
– Unknown cause
– Can be due to genetics
– Can be due to high cholesterol or high level of plasma lipids
– Can be due to high blood pressure
– Maybe related to a heart disease problem
It can happen to both men and women.
What is the Surgery like to Remove Xanthelasma?
– It is commonly done as a day surgery case under local anaesthesia.
– Surgery time is usually very short, depending on the case’s complexity.
– Stitches are usually removed after 3 to 5 days, and there are minimal swelling and discomfort.
If you suspect you have the above problem or would like to consult for the above problem, do call our clinic at 65-6464 8075 today for your appointment.